Scripts and Code
For the scripts alone without them being in a box in SL....
Version 0.4 - Wednesday 18 April
Changes from 0.3
The TwitBoxSL (LSL)
- only works when attached to prevent boxes on the floor spamming you
- keeps list of 10 most recent tweets, menu item added for this
- option to show or hide your own tweets, showing by default
- immediately checks for new tweets on startup
- option to repeat the last tweet you made, useful for failures
- also now contains an Automatic Updating Device, which will deliver new versions automatically!
The Server (control script)
- added timeouts for web services
- changed fail text to "no response from..."
- timestamp is now absolute rather than relative for logging purposes
- works on LA timezone
- allows for no feeds from client
- uses proper version parameter :)
- tinyurl function does not die completely if it can't get a tinyurl (not that I've ever seen this happen anyway)
- changed the SLURL caption to include the actual location SLURLed
- added SLPOS keyword to insert textual representation of SL location
- tries to detect type of feed before trying to parse it
Changes from 0.2
- errors not of status 200 don't list the whole error page, just the appropriate status code
- addition of the keyword function.
- Twitter used to provide
relative_created_at data for each tweet (i.e. the bit that said "6 minutes ago" after each one) but now doesn't. For simplicity and to make it easier to read back on past tweets, I have changed this to just use an absolute time.
- Now sends custom headers to Twitter to identify the client.
- Twitter Control 0.2 (added 12 March 2007)
- The TwitBoxSL 0.2 script is best seen in the actual item in the world, as this will include animations and the "twitterball" effect
Changes from 0.1: includes animation and visual effects, as well as tinyslurl feature
- Twitter Control 0.1 - this is the source of the PHP script that the TwitBoxSL communicates with (added here 28 February 2007) Requires PHP 5.2
- TwitBoxSL 0.1 (26 February 2007)
- TwitBoxSL Basic - this is an LSL-only script which can send, but not receive, tweets. Useful if your intermediary server stops working, or for scripts that only ever want to send tweets. (26 February 2007)