For what it is worth, I have finally gotten around to releasing the latest version of the Twitterbox, which includes a number of new features and is generally a bit more reliable. Of course, at this time the Grid is... well, it is a Wednesday.
If you wish to view a list of changes from the previous version, by all means read on, and do excuse the scrappiness of my list-making.
Now, hopefully, I might be able to work on, you know, a thing, rather than a succession of ephemeral seance devices. Something which exists in its own right, and allows one to do something upon the Grid itself which one previously could not. Alas, the fractious nature of reality is making this just a tad tricky, with some of my best works now appearing foolish and error-ridden, but the time will come I'm sure when events do not just occur in random orders.
Changes from 0.3
The Twitterbox (LSL)
- only works when attached, to prevent boxes accidentally rezzed upon the floor shouting at you
- keeps list of 10 most recent tweets, menu item added for this
- option to show or hide your own tweets, showing by default
- immediately checks for new tweets on startup
- option to repeat the last tweet you made, useful for failures
- also now contains an Automatic Updating Device, which will deliver new versions automatically!
The Server (control script)
- added timeouts for web services
- changed fail text to "no response from..."
- timestamp is now absolute rather than relative for logging purposes
- works on LA timezone
- allows for no feeds from client
- uses proper version parameter :)
- tinyurl function does not die completely if it can't get a tinyurl (not that I've ever seen this happen anyway)
- changed the SLURL caption to include the actual location SLURLed
- added SLPOS keyword to insert textual representation of SL location
- tries to detect type of feed before trying to parse it